Hughes Furniture is proud to be an American Manufacturer and all of our employment opportunities are in the Randleman, NC area. We are an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or in the presence of a medical condition or handicap, or other protected status.
Benefits of Employment with Hughes Furniture Include
- Comprehensive Health Insurance for You and Your Family
- Dental Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Employee Purchase Program
- 4 Paid Holidays Every Year
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation
- Attendance Bonuses
- Production Incentives
- Employee Appreciation Events Throughout the Year
Position: Frame Builders
Date Created: December 3, 2018
JOB DESCRIPTION HUGHES FURNITURE
Job title: FRAMER Plant # 15 frame dept.
The employee in this position is assigned to build furniture frames at the frame assembling line. The employee is assigned to a table workstation where he put together pre-cut wood parts for the furniture frame. These raw materials come in several sizes and weights, could be steel parts but mostly are wood parts. He/she pick up these parts from shelves in the work area. These parts are supplied there by another employee according to the type of frames that will be built for the day. The employee starts building the frame with these parts using an air powered staple gun to hold the parts together. Once the frame is finished, he rolls the frame out of the working table to the next area (about 10 feet away). Is under his/her responsibility to maintain the work area clean to prevent accidents. The average weight of these frames range from 25 to 40 pounds.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Transfer the pre-cut parts from the shelves to the working table in the assembly line area as required. These shelves are about 4 feet away from the table.
- Put these parts together with the staple gun and roll out the finished frame.
- Keep the working area clean (aisles along the shelfs).
- Report any safety problems to his supervisor.
The employee in this position should be able to lift light to medium loads (up to 50 pounds).
- Not specific education is required.
- Experience is preferred by the time of hiring.
Working conditions are the normal found in a furniture plant; ventilated indoors areas; wearing specific safety gear is required as earplugs and safety glasses. This job is performed mainly at 1st. shift from Monday through Friday.
The operator should be standing and walking performing this job; the walking runs are short along the assembly line. There are break periods of 15 minutes. Frequent bending and twisting is required while performing this job and frequent use of the air staple gun (weights 1.5 to 2.5 lbs. average) is required.
Direct reports:Area Supervisor.
Return to Job Listings