**SIGN-UP BONUS PROGRAM
$2600.00 & Top Pay .54/CPM**
HUGHES FURNITURE INDUSTRIES/HFI EXPRESS, LLC~Randleman, NC
Who makes our company look great? It is professional truck drivers like you! Ask any of our current Over the Road drivers and they will tell you what they love about their job is the flexibility to be home on the weekends and the ability to adjust their schedule when they need to. We have late model assigned equipment, mostly Mack Trucks, designed with comfort for the driver.
We are the dedicated carrier for Hughes Furniture Industries, the official Serta Brand Upholstery Manufacturer. Our drivers proudly deliver to customers up and down the East Coast, (but no Long Island deliveries), and Midwest.
Full-time driver benefits include:
- Starting pay @ $.46 per mile. This will also include a sign on bonus of $50.00 a week for new hires. This will come out to an annualized bonus of $2600.00.
- Mileage rate will increase to $.50 per mile after the first year of employment.
- Mileage rate will increase to $.52 per mile after the second year of employment.
- Mileage rate will increase to $.54 per mile after the fifth year of employment.
- STOP PAY: Drivers will receive STOP PAY at a rate of $10.00/stop beginning with the 2nd stop. Backhaul pick-ups and deliveries will be treated as stops.
- TAILGATE PAY: Drivers will be paid $1.00 per piece for tailgating. This will only be paid when customer request this charge and charges are authorized on delivery receipt. (Exception Kimbrell's)
- LAY-OVER PAY: Company authorized lay-over will pay $75.00.
HFI Express, LLC / Over the Road Truck Driver
Overview: the primary function of the Over the Road Driver is to operate a tractor-trailer combination for extended periods of time, over long distances between company/customer facilities in order to pick up, transport, and deliver freight in a safe, timely and efficient manner. As part of this function Over the Road drivers drop, hook, spot or otherwise interchange equipment for loading and unloading at various locations under varied conditions. Over the Road drivers are subject to the Hours of Service Regulations of the United Stated Department of Transportation.
The Essential Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and complies with all federal, state, and local regulations for the secure and safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle (CMV).
- Conduct a thorough pre-trip inspection of the equipment as prescribed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the company.
- Drop, hook, spot, switch and otherwise interchange equipment as necessary. Also includes the raising and lowering of the landing gear on semi-trailers.
- Ensure that all required shipping documentation accompanies all delivers.
- Frequently communicates with Dispatch/Operations, in person or by way of QualComm, or by phone, in order to advise of stops, movement, problems with equipment, cargo, delays, etc.
- Properly maintain a driver’s log electronically in accordance with FMCSA requirements.
- Perform roadside inspections as required by law and report highway safety hazards observed,
- Must have knowledge of and comply with all FMCSA rules and regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspection and maintenance of equipment.
- Must be able to enter and exit equipment safely and efficiently, and when necessary must be able to enter and exit a sleeper berth and restfully sleep.
- Must be able to open and close swing type trailer doors as needed in the pickup and delivery of freight. Must be able to perform the work required in a timely manner in order to meet service schedules.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Application QuestionsYou have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of CDL-Class A experience do you have?
- How many years of relevant experience do you have?
- How many years of Truck Driving experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: North Carolina?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Tanker endorsement?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?