Hughes Furniture is proud to be an American Manufacturer and all of our employment opportunities are in the Randleman, NC area. We are an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or in the presence of a medical condition or handicap, or other protected status.
Benefits of Employment with Hughes Furniture Include
- Comprehensive Health Insurance for You and Your Family
- Dental Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Employee Purchase Program
- 4 Paid Holidays Every Year
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation
- Attendance Bonuses
- Production Incentives
- Employee Appreciation Events Throughout the Year
Position: HFI Express OTR Driver
Date Created: September 26, 2017
HFI Express, LLC / Over the Road Truck Driver
Overview: the primary function of the Over the Road Driver is to operate a tractor-trailer combination for extended periods of time, over long distances between company/customer facilities in order to pickup, transport, and deliver freight in a safe, timely and efficient manner. As part of this function Over the Road drivers drop, hook, spot or otherwise interchange equipment for loading and unloading at various locations under varied conditions. Over the Road drivers are subject to the Hours of Service Regulations of the United Stated Department of Transportation.
The Essential Functions include but are not limited to the following:
1. Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and complies with all federal, state, and local regulations for the secure and safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle (CMV).
2. Conduct a thorough pre-trip inspection of the equipment as prescribed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the company.
3. Drop, hook, spot, switch and otherwise interchange equipment as necessary. Also includes the raising and lowering of the landing gear on semi-trailers.
4. Ensure that all required shipping documentation accompanies all delivers.
5. Frequently communicates with Dispatch/Operations, in person or by way of QualComm, or by phone, in order to advise of stops, movement, problems with equipment, cargo, delays, etc.
6. Properly maintain a driver’s log electronically in accordance with FMCSA requirements.
7. Perform roadside inspections as required by law and report highway safety hazards observed,
8. Must have a knowledge of and comply with all FMCSA rules and regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspection and maintenance of equipment.
9. Must be able to enter and exit equipment safely and efficiently, and when necessary must be able to enter and exit a sleeper berth and restfully sleep.
10. Must be able to open and close swing type trailer doors as needed in the pickup and delivery of freight. Must be able to perform the work required in a timely manner in order to meet service schedules.