Hughes Furniture is proud to be an American Manufacturer and all of our employment opportunities are in the Randleman, NC area. We are an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or in the presence of a medical condition or handicap, or other protected status.
Benefits of Employment with Hughes Furniture Include
- Comprehensive Health Insurance for You and Your Family
- Dental Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Employee Purchase Program
- 4 Paid Holidays Every Year
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation
- Attendance Bonuses
- Production Incentives
- Employee Appreciation Events Throughout the Year
Position: Band Saw Operator
Date Created: May 1, 2018
The employee on this position cut previously marked pieces of lumber called blocks in a band saw machine. He must follow the “pattern” previously drawn on the wood.
- Operates bandsaw to cut felt pads to pattern: Tacks cardboard pattern to pad.
- Pushes pad against revolving blade, following outline of pattern.
- Stacks and ties together bundles of finished shapes.
- Collects scraps for shredding by PICKING-MACHINE OPERATOR.
- Transfer the pieces of wood from the rack to the bench close to the saw.
- Turn on the saw machine and start the cut following the pattern.
- Turn off the saw at breaks, lunch time and end of the shift.
- Report any mechanical issues or safety problems to his supervisor.
- Minimum Education
- Experience is preferred by the time of hiring.